As the Design Engineer you will be part of a new team being established in South Wales to take the latest product from an Advanced Engineering concept through the development stages to production.
My client a global manufacturing organisation who are developing sustainable products, they have just secured funding to develop a new product.
As a Design Engineer you will be part of a new team being established in South Wales to take the latest product from an Advanced Engineering concept through the development stages to production.
- All design activities consistent with the product development
- Building on the initial concept design details.
- Developing design updates as necessary.
- BOM and drawing releases.
- Technical reviews and project design reviews.
- Support for purchasing in identifying and evaluating new suppliers.
- Support for Manufacturing for creation of prototype manufacturing facilities.
- Support for third party integrator installing product in trials.
- Participate in Customer discussions to progress business enquiries.
As the Design Engineer you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience
- Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent.
- The likely successful candidate will have demonstrable experience gained in a design environment, ideally automotive.
- Knowledge of latest FEA techniques related to component optimisation
- Inventive nature with ability to conceive and develop novel product solutions
- Ability to function in a team of engineers across multiple/ global sites
- Experience/ working knowledge of CAD and project planning tools
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Capability to travel overseas for a period of up to two weeks
Excellent salary, pension, bonus, flexi benefits.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.