About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a PROJECT MANAGER to join our Ground Engineering team to work in Birmingham.
- To manage and successfully deliver projects within the business.
To manage customer relationships and retain customers by meeting and exceeding expectations.
What you'll be doing
As a PROJECT MANAGER, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Manage the project team and supply chain to deliver projects to time, cost, and quality targets and standards
- Ensure safety targets and standards are maintained by:
- Knowing what safety excellence looks like and communicating safety with passion and credibility, in order to inspire, motivate and manage the project team to achieve the vision
- Fostering a continuous improvement culture by actively seeking input from all members of the project team and encouraging them to implement safety improvements
- Manage the customer relationship during delivery, including change and decision making to manage expectations
- Ensure the Company and Divisional procedures and policies are followed by the relevant teams, i.e. the Business Management System, including the Process Operating Model
- Manage external consultants (e.g. design) to enable delivery – driving value, customer focus and achievement of the project’s objectives
- May manage or input into any post completion issues to maintain a positive customer relationship and repeat business performance levels
- Ensure effective records are maintained and kept for project delivery
- Report periodically to Senior Management on project progress, risks and issues using robust reporting systems to meet the needs of the business
- Ensuring rigorous monthly project improvement processes are in place
- Thorough implementation of planning, risk, project controls and change controls
- Implementation of Lean principles throughout the project to drive productivity, performance and safety.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Previous experience in project management on large scale projects within the construction industry
- The ability to communicate effectively is required to manage customer relationships, in addition to strong planning and organisation skills to deliver operational excellence and efficiency.
- Experience of leading teams, and confidence in the ability to lead, influence and communicate with others to deliver targets are required.
- Financial awareness is required to deliver targets, with a desire to continuously improve safety and sustainability performance.
- An appropriate and valid CSCS card is required.
- Experience working for a piling, ground engineering or civils subcontractor.
- Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent preferable
- A relevant professional qualification, such as APMP, and a relevant technical qualification are desirable.
- EngTech, IEng or CEng Qualification
- SMSTS / SSSTS
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Ground Engineering offers a range of services across the construction sector, from piled foundations to ground improvement, testing and analysis. We have established our reputation through our integrated design approach to every project, from the small to the very large.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums co uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.