Ibstock plc is a market leading manufacturer and partner of choice for innovative clay and concrete building products, building the face of Britain for over 200 years.
We’re no ordinary manufacturing business. Through our principal products of clay bricks, brick components, concrete roof tiles, concrete stone masonry substitutes, concrete fencing, pre-stressed concrete products and concrete rail products, we’re committed to providing new solutions to today’s social and environmental challenges for the new build housing and domestic repair, maintenance, improvement markets (RMI) and infrastructure.
Many of our long-standing customer relationships have lasted over 40 years. Our customer focus is based on quality, service and consistency and our service-led ethos is one of the key drivers in the growth of our market share over the past 10 years.
We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager to join our team on our South Holmwood site in Dorking, Surrey.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- The development and promotion through effective communication of Company, Factory and Team plans and their focused implementation to achieve defined objectives.
- People Management, motivation and structured development of the team through performance review to ensure delivery of objectives through team working.
- Provision of engineering and technical expertise to facilitate the rigorous application of IMS tools and techniques to generate Continuous Improvement across all areas of the manufacturing capability.
- Implementation of and adherence to all Company and Factory control procedures to ensure compliance with all statutory requirements in Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental.
- The collection, assimilation and analysis of engineering, production and process data and its effective use to develop and achieve key targets and objectives.
- The development of systems and standards to deliver world-class standards of Housekeeping within the engineering environment using the 5S principles.
- The design and implementation of capital improvement projects aimed at improving manufacturing capability.
- The use of a computerised maintenance system to facilitate planned preventative maintenance and effective engineering stock control.
- Work collaboratively across all Ibstock Brick support functions, by building effective working relationships.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Knowledge of Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, preferably within Construction Raw Materials.
- A high degree of self-motivation.
- Demonstrable supervisory experience.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business.
- Demonstrable organisational skills including efficient planning and implementation of systems and procedures.
- Leadership and man-management skills and the ability to build, motivate, develop and improve the team through performance review.
- Demonstrable experience with absence management and assessments.
- Demonstrable ability to implement structured problem solving techniques, provide solutions and delegate
- High degree of computer literacy and numeric skills and a competent user of all Microsoft applications alongside CMS and PPM Systems.
Please note: it is our policy to verify all relevant qualifications. You will be required to provide substantive proof of your qualifications, so that we can verify them with the awarding body.
Ibstock PLC are committed and passionate about building a diverse environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, disability or age.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.