Configuration Management is pivotal to the company's success in developing and delivering engineered products to customers with the high level of governance.
- To provide a high level of experience and knowledge on configuration within the Aerospace industry supporting all areas of the business through the product lifecycle (ALM / PLM).
- Determine the configuration management process and strategy in conjunction with RDTI, Operations and projects across the business and be responsible for supporting all users in implementation of it. The opportunity to bring new ideas and help evolve SEP's configuration management policy and procedures for the future.
- Responsible for ensuring configuration governance in accordance with product and site configuration management plans and processes across the company site world wide.
- Support the application of Configuration for the ALM/PLM Project for SEP
- Responsible for the creation of multiple project Configuration Management Plans and the administration of associated Change Control Board meetings.
- Manage Change Control Board (CCB) meetings, including setting of agendas and distribution of minutes. Maintenance and tracking of Development Problem Reports (PR) and Change Requests (CR) for products in development, manufacture and in-service.
- Co-ordinating with multiple functions to ensure change impacts are ready to be reviewed in conjunction with engineering investigations. Support the creation, administration and maintenance of Configuration toolset records, ensuring compliance with airworthiness standards.
- Support of external and internal audits including conducting Configuration audits (e.g. PCA / FCA). Support of peer reviewing of Design activities. Support to specialist teams to embed Configuration management processes in ALM/PLM
- Preparation of change management documentation for internal and customer approval Adherence to Project Timelines and deliverables on time, on quality and in full.
- Continued reduction in the number of open ‘in progress' PR's & Cr's and overall end-to-end process time.
- Effectiveness of CCB (Change Control Board)
- Controlled Management of documents / Software / Hardware throughout the product Lifecycle
- Ensure that the 5 key aspects of Configuration are integrated and maintained across the business.
Candidate skills & requirements
- ICM CM2 certified or an equivalent HND / Degree level qualification or relevant experience.
- A willing helpful attitude and a calm professional manner. Able to set priorities and actively lead activities to meet internal and external customer deliveries and expectations.
- Expert level knowledge and/or experience and understanding of product configuration management in Aerospace or related industry.
- Understanding of Configuration and Aerospace standards (i.e. Def-Stan 05-57).
- Understanding of Change Management processes, problem reports and change requests.
- Experience in the use of engineering documentation (such as Customer Requirements / Product Definition Document / Master Records Index / Drawings & Parts Lists / Critical part manufacturing control document).
- Experience of managing CM in an engineering organisation and be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of CM principles and processes
- Fluent English; strong written and oral communication skills, ability to drive training on Process & Tools.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to diagnose issues and quickly identify root cause.
- Excellent communication skills with consideration and acceptance of cultural differences within an international environment.
- Proven record of success in influencing successful CM decisions across a range of business stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of ALM/PLM concepts and related software (i.e. Integrity/Windchill).
- A good understanding of both document and software configuration ALM / PLM processes and tools
- Evidence of written English at interview stage. This will be through providing certification of a formal English or technical qualification studied in the UK or overseas in English.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.