Here is an excellent opportunity to join a market-leading packaging machinery manufacturing company, in a challenging but very rewarding role. Our client is a world leader with a worldwide customer base that consists of Blue Chip companies. Due to continued expansion, we are now seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join their team.
- Understanding the scope and requirements of the mechanical build required from job specification documents and solid works design files.
- The ability to follow mechanical schematic drawings.
- Building / assemble labelling machines from a kit of manufactured parts.
- Experience in Pneumatic assembly and pipework
- All aspects involved with the mechanical content of a machine build including drilling, taping, measuring
- Machining skills such as using a mill and a lathe and other metal fabrication tools.
- Modifying / Adapting or manufacturing some metalwork to suit task required
- Mechanically Setting and testing completed systems prior to dispatch
- Work within a controlled environment and to deadlines provided by the management
Suitable candidates should have the following:
- A sound mechanical engineering background.
- Proficiency in the use of hand tools / mechanical equipment, and Lathes and Mills.
- Experience in machine building.
- Minimum mechanical engineering qualifications to City & Guilds Mechanical Engineering / NVQ 3 or equivalent.
- The ability to work with the minimum of supervision and to become integrated into a small team.
- The ability to be flexible in regard to overtime hours and tasks are undertaken.
Benefits to include:
- 25 days holiday per annum + Bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Competitive Salary
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Excellent staff retention
- Flexi-system (currently on hold)
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.