Ground Investigation Project Manager - Belfast
X is currently recruiting for a Project Manager to offer support to our Geo Environmental Department, specifically within the Ground Investigation (GI) team. X undertake approximately 100 GI projects each year of varying size and complexity.
The successful candidate will provide essential support to the Geo Environmental Department and will be exposed to a wide variety of technical challenges from projects around the UK.
The role will suit a candidate with a desire to develop a career as a Project Manager within a global consultancy. You will be involved in project managing ground investigations and be responsible for the management of our data management system (HoleBASE SI Professional) which is an AGS data processing software developed by Keynetix. Training on the use of the system can be provided.
• Management of ground investigation projects from inception to final deliverable in conjunction with X senior management team, with responsibility for health and safety, technical and practical elements of each project.
• Management of, and liaison with stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle, including ultimate client, procurement client, design consultants, landowners and sub-contractors.
• Co-ordination of outputs including borehole logs, as-built drawings, factual reports and interpretative reports utilising additional resource from within the team as required.
• Tracking of progress continuously throughout each project, and advance identification and management of constraints and issues.
• Act as liaison with our sub-contractor laboratories (both Geotechnical and Environmental) with aim of resolving any discrepancies in data quality / quantity of tests carried out;
• Act as a representative / technical advisor on behalf of X at any meetings in relation to key deliverable of AGS 4.0 data on the contract;
• Data and contour plots from site investigation data using Excel and Surfer;
• Management of AGS 4.0 data in Keynetix Software including HoleBASE SI Professional;
• Document management for incoming and outgoing documents in line with project quality systems;
• In tandem with respective Geo-Environmental Engineers coordinate data input and quality control checks on AGS 4.0 data and upload of deliverable to Clients;
• Ensure X's continuity with clients Geodata Managers;
• Create and update logging templates using HoleBASE SI Professional;
• Use CAD to extract data from HoleBASE SI;
• Taking cross sections / elevations from topographical surveys.
Software to be used
• Microsoft Office
• HoleBASE SI Professional
• Ability to focus on detail and accuracy when compiling and issuing data;
• Excellent communication skills; both verbally and written;
• Strong organisational and planning abilities;
• Willing to be flexible in order to meet project deadlines and achieve targets;
• Ability to form strong, positive working relationships with colleagues and external clients;
• Enthusiastic, innovative, open-minded and forward-looking;
• Hard working, self-motivated and eager to learn;
• Able to work to deadlines.
Role Development and Scope
• Continued development and implementation of a data management system that is compliant with BS 8574:2014 Code of practice for the management of geotechnical data for ground engineering projects to ensure that data is collected, processed and issued efficiently and consistently for every project.
• Maintenance of data integrity from capture to handover through effective training and robust monitoring regimes.
• Further develop, in-depth knowledge of various Keynetix products including HoleBASE SI Professional, KeyAGS and KeyLAB, including awareness of new product releases.
• Development of integration of Ground Investigation Data into the BIM process using the Civil 3D Extension.
• Adopting a leading role in IT initiatives within Geo Environmental such as the use of rugged tablets by field operatives.
• Knowledge of future technology trends within built environment and Geo Environmental field
X is one of the largest and fastest growing environmental companies in the world. We operate a highly successful ground investigation business which operates within our geo-environmental team of c. 100 professionals. We operate nationally and manage several high-profile groundwater frameworks and contracts including the Pan Government Collaborative Framework Agreement for Ground Investigation Works. The successful candidate will be joining us at an exciting time in our growth and development as a business. This is a consultant or senior grade position (depending on your experience) with a focus on the management, growth and development of our ground investigation services.
In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, life insurance, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including additional holiday and travel insurance. You’ll also benefit from a tailored package or professional training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
Our annual appraisal cycle provides a framework for managing your professional development and you’ll benefit from great training and support from our large national geo-environmental team. This is aimed at helping you develop, whilst achieving both your technical and career aspirations.
We promote flexible working and are open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, compressed hours or potential job shares
X is equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief or marital status.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.