Due to continued growth, our client a global machine manufacturer, is now seeking a CNC Field Service Engineer to join their team.
Here’s a superb opportunity for an CNC Field Service Engineer looking to join the world’s number one in factory automation. This is a full-time position in which the purpose of the role will be to maintain, service and repair CNC’s, Servo and Spindles drives.
You will be expected to, as part of the duties and responsibilities of the role to:
- Provide onsite repair and preventative maintenance of a wide range of products including CNC and Laser
- Primarily attend customer sites in the UK & Ireland including overnight stays
- Undertake occasional trips to the rest of Europe
- Diagnose faults, repair or replace equipment
- Upgrade existing hardware and software
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Comply with company and customer Health and Safety
- Be flexible with working hours in order to meet customer expectations
- Provide occasional training to customers both onsite and at company headquarters
You must also be able to demonstrate the following skill set:
- Analytical & problem solving skills
- Able to work using your own initiative
- Good decision making
- Effective verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
The successful applicant must endeavor to contribute towards the company methodology of working, and it would be desirable for said individual to have:
- 5 years’ experience on controls as a Field Service Engineer
- Experience in CNC machine tool service/maintenance
- Experience in fault finding on CNC controls
- Ability to understand PLC/PMC interface
- Knowledge of SERVO and spindle drives and motors
- Ability to read electrical drawing
- Computer Literate
You will be responsible to the Customer Service Manager for overall performance, the role will involve extensive travel within the UK and occasionally abroad.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV - or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions – Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.