A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Commercial Heating Engineer at a leading specialist in maintenance, repairs installation of various fire detection systems in civic buildings, high rise properties and care homes within the Home Counties and London area.
To carry out servicing and remedial repairs to commercial heating boilers within occupied and void buildings to meet the requirement and expectations of the client in a timely fashion and in compliance with current gas legislation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To have detailed knowledge and experience of main boiler manufacturer's installation and servicing requirements and instructions
- To be proficient in carrying out full commissioning of gas heating boilers and associated controls on completion of installation or servicing works
- To be able to demonstrate and have a good general fault finding/diagnostic skill and the ability to carry out necessary repairs/replacement of defective parts etc.
- To be competent of draining down and re-filling of heating system/s in order to remove and replace defective/leaking radiators or associated isolation valves
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with the relevant sections of the 'Health and Safety at Work Act' (risk assessment, asbestos awareness etc.)
- To carry out on a rota basis (as required) out-of-hours emergency call outs
- Any other duties as reasonably requested
- Be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of commercial boilers and associated controls
- Have experience working on HIU'S, not essential
- Have Domestic ACS qualifications, not essential
- Have asbestos awareness
- Have knowledge of the Risk Assessment process
- Current/Valid Commercial Gas Qualifications - COCN1 or CODNCO1, CIGA1, CDGA1, CORT1, ICPN1 TPCP1A
- A relevant City and Guilds Level 3 Qualification
- Full UK Driving licence
Working for Us
- 21 days holiday increasing by 1 day every 2 years service up to a maximum of 25 days, plus statutory days
- Pension Scheme - auto enrolment
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Company mobile phone
- Company van
Working hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 6:00pm with 1hour unpaid lunch break, salary is £19p/h
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to (url removed) or call (phone number removed)
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.