J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure. Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including transportation; water; power; natural resources; and construction & property.Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses – Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Senior Project Manager - Electrification & Plant (E&P) – CP6 – Anglia
Murphy Group is looking to recruit a Senior Project Manager with Electrification & Plant (E&P) experience to lead and be accountable for the project, ensuring that the scope of works are delivered in a safe manner, on time, to the high quality standards, meeting the acceptance criteria and achieving the expected financial outcomes.
Murphy has been awarded one of three multi-billion-pound contracts by Network Rail for the South of England, worth up to £7bn for Control Period 6 (2019-2024). The multi-discipline framework will deliver projects of varying value, including stations, buildings and civils, electrifications, power, signalling, telecommunications and track. This is initially in place for a five-year period but has the option of three one-year extensions if required.
* To plan and deliver workbanks within the Electrification & Plant (E&P) portfolio through Grip stages 3-7 , ensuring work is completed on time and to the agreed standard.
* Sets the overall standard on the project/contract.
* To ensure contract programmes are planned, reviewed and delivered.
* Build and develop the wider operational team to deliver all aspects of the project/contract requirements.
* Will interact with the wider organisation to channel resources when required.
* Line management of Site Managers, Assistant Site Managers and Section Managers.
* Responsible for effective client relationship management, collaborative approach and providing updates to internal and external stakeholders on project/contract progress.
* Ensure risk assessments are created, in place and reviewed as and when required.
* Ensures operating plans are in place to ensure sufficient resources and materials are in place.
* Will be expected to resolve most operational issues with any business critical or strategic issues referred to the Project Director.
* To comply with company standards, policies and procedures.
* Manages a team of site and section managers.
* Communicates developments and significant decisions in the wider business.
* Responsible for a contract with an indicative turnover of between £1M - £5M per annum
* Responsible for all commercial activities associated with the project including the delivery of the agreed gross margin, management of cost control and other key commercial and financial metrics.
* Has relevant Health and Safety qualification and experience and relevant working knowledge of CDM.
* Member or working towards Chartership with a professional body.
* Strong Electrical & Plant, including OLE technical experience
* Extensive expertise in project management delivering projects/contracts of a similar nature in the railway environment
* Project management methodology knowledge desirable.
* Able to develop positive working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
* Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.