A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Access Control Engineer at a leading specialist in maintenance, repairs installation of various fire detection systems in civic buildings, high rise properties and care homes within the Home Counties and London area.
Repair, install and maintain Access Control, Warden Call, Communal Aerial & CCTV equipment ensuring that all works are carried out in accordance with the 'Health and Safety at Work Act' and to Industry Standard.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Service and install a range of Door Entry, Warden Call, Automatic Door / Gate systems, CCTV systems (including IP/Networked), and Intruder Alarms
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance to the above systems
- Ensure that all aspects of Access Control / CCTV works including tests and inspections / compliance checks are carried out in accordance with current British Standards
- Report on a daily basis to Supervisor / Manager on the status of all works within the Department and advise in good time, problems of time-scale or resources
- Have a background in social housing / local authority maintenance
- Have a valid CSCS card
- Preferably have experience with at least one or more of the following manufacturers: ISM, GDX, ENTROTEC, SML, PAC, KMS, RECRD, GEZE
- Full UK Driving Licence
- An accreditation with ADSA, CAMEsafe, Tynetec or CAI
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Servicing, Programming and diagnostic repairs to various fire alarm systems in both industrial commercial and council properties
- Complete small and larger installations as part of a team or on your own
- To be flexible to attend the main office based in Enfield as and when required
- Installation and Maintenance of fire alarm to BAFE/NSI/BS standards
- Project a high level of quality customer services.
- To ensure that the relevant documentation is fully completed in an accurate and timely manner - including instructions, timesheets, work reports, service reports
- Experience and good knowledge in the fire alarm installation/repairs and servicing field is essential for you to be a successful candidate for this position. You must be confident in working with power tools and in high level ceiling areas. You must also be reliable, conscientious and hard working. Your work must be neat and tidy and to a high standard and you must have a positive "can do" approach.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working with Fire Alarm Systems such as Morley, Advanced, Kentec, Ziton especially Ziton and Wireless (Hyfire, Eda, Expander, Ems5000 ), have good knowledge of BS5839:1 / BS539:6 as well as 3 years' experience of Life Safety Systems
- Completed FIA Accreditation or equivalent training and experience
- Full UK driving licence
- Over time and Out of Hours Call out
- 21 days holiday increasing by 1 day every 2 years' service up to a maximum of 25 days, plus statutory days
- Pension Scheme - auto enrolment
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Company van, mobile phone & uniform provided
Working hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm with 1/2-hour unpaid lunch break, salary is £35,000
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to (url removed) or call (phone number removed)
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.