Jonathan Lee Recruitment are currently looking for a System and Automation Test engineer for a worldwide payment system company.
The System Test and Automation Software Engineer will design and develop PC software applications to support our system test and automation. The successful candidate will have the ability to create and implement system and automated test methods, documentation, and processes to help insure quality design releases. This individual will be responsible to run all system test with a test to fail culture to find any possible issue that may arise with our products or systems.
About the team:
The Department supports Product Design and Development by providing a dedicated test facility and resources during the new product development cycle.
The work within the Department is diverse covering a range of different test techniques, from Environmental, functional and mechanical robustness, through to intensive Life and Reliability testing.
The Department also conduct Regulatory Compliance testing, using both in-house and external test resources. Testing being conducted to cover major international Safety Approvals, including UL, CE, CSA and UKCA, and EMC approvals.
Teamwork being the underlying strength within the Department, along with the team's dedication to playing their part in the success of New Product Development.
Responsibilities and Duties
The System Test and Automation Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing test automation software in Visual C# or Visual Basic for Windows
- The maintenance and use of effective test tools for product release activities. This includes release of technical requirements, tool build, documentation, QA metrics, and tool maintenance.
- Writing test scripts and software for interface system tests and automated Life and Reliability Test rigs. Work with cross-functional peers to develop automated test suites for new and existing features.
- Estimating, developing and execution of functional and /unit tests with focus on exploratory/test to fail, security and Risk Based Testing
- Ability to identify test requirements, create formal test plans, test strategies and test matrices
- Development of automation test scripts, automation software and applications
- Experience tracking defects (using issue tracking tools) and reporting key metrics for proactively identifying areas for improvement. Produce automated tools and dashboards to support understanding of key quality and delivery metrics for various stakeholders and leadership.
- Participating in the project management process by providing accurate estimates, monitoring progress, and ensuring that deliverables are met.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Software Engineering
- 3+ years experience writing software in Visual C#, C++ or Visual Basic to interface with embedded devices
- Working knowledge of serial and networking protocols (e.g. RS232, RS485, USB, TCP/IP, HTTP etc. )
- Git/Bitbucket or similar tool experience for code version control.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience configuring and maintaining Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins would be plus
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) would be plus
- Strong understanding of database schemas using MongodB, SQL), as well as familiarity with Python or Java or Selenium would be plus
- Experience in writing software test procedures and verification documents
Suitably qualified and experienced System and Automation Test engineers should apply by contacting Paul Coates at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0) (phone number removed) or by emailing their CV and covering letter to (url removed)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.