Senior Development Manager, UK Solar
Location: Bristol (potential for remote working)
Compensation: Competitive full-time salary plus benefits and potential for equity share in our UK Solar business
Timing: Start as soon as possible
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Our Client is looking for a high-quality individual to help us build on our successful UK onshore wind development platform through expansion into the UK solar and storage greenfield development market.
As Senior Development Manager (Solar) you will work with the CEO and senior management to build a new solar and storage development platform in the UK based on our clients proven and highly effective renewable energy development approach. You will be responsible for accumulating a pipeline of attractive development projects through GIS and grid mapping, site selection and land negotiation, and grid application and optimisation. You and the rest of the team will then be responsible for taking these projects through the consent process and up to ready to build status.
The ideal candidate would have significant and recent experience in:
- UK renewable energy development (ideally solar); and/or
- Connection solutions for UK electricity grid networks.
The ideal candidate would be:
- Eager to take an active role in building a small business alongside a proven leadership team;
- Self-motivated, proactive and committed to high performance;
- Empathetic and able to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Smart and good at solving problems as they arise;
- Well organised and a good project manager;
- Collaborative, flexible and supportive of the rest of the team.
This role offers the opportunity to be the cornerstone in building an exciting new business as part of a high-quality, friendly and welcoming team at a world class renewable energy company.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.