Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources.
Our Client is a global logistics and distribution organisation. They operate in 44 countries around the world. Their global revenue exceeds £10 billion per annum and they employ almost 160,000 people.
At present AMS are looking for a Senior Facilities Management Director to cover an initial 6 month contract.
This position is currently remote working with the ideal candidate being able to travel to one of our client's sites in London, Stockport or Leeds.
The Facilities Management Director will have direct responsibility for a team of 8 with a wider responsibility of over 2,500 employees UK wide. This role will cover approximately 1500 sites nationwide and have a budget responsivity of circa £200m; covering direct and indirect resource across hard and soft FM.
- Responsible for developing the operational plan, setting direction and agreeing objectives for the Facilities Management business.
- Obtaining the support of key stakeholders including internal, Operations, CWU and Unite full time officials and strategic third-party vendors.
- Responsible for operational deployment against the plan achieving, budget, quality, service and safety metrics.
- Accountable for the quality of service and performance in maintaining the range of property services; scheduling and work allocation and the technical services required to ensure compliance and the development of the appropriate maintenance strategy to meet its business performance targets.
- Responsible for driving the Health and Safety culture throughout FM, ensuring compliance with Safety policies and procedures and role modelling behaviours required to ensure that the Safety culture is ingrained in all activity
- Responsibility for all purchasing and supplier management for all services procured on behalf of all P&FS functions (e.g. FM services, catering, specialist services for construction and the associated professional services, etc.).
- Drive the reduction of carbon and energy reduction across the business, leading the energy and CO2 savings programme.
- Develop the leadership capability within Facilities Management including employee development, succession planning and talent management across teams including support for talent pipelines i.e apprenticeships,
- Lead benchmarking exercises to ensure comparability with other external providers within the FM marketplace and establish strategies to enable business improvement within Facilities Management.
- Degree level with membership of relevant professional body (e.g. RICS, BIFM, CIOB, etc.) - MBA level qualification preferred.
- Experience as a Facilities Management Director working across multiple sites at group level holding responsibility for hard and soft services
- Significant P&L account responsibility; Circa £200m spend
- Strong working knowledge of H&S and compliance legislation relating to FM services
- Ideally have experience of running a self-delivery FM business with a large property portfolio in a unionized environment with the ability to obtain buy-in and manage internal customers and key stakeholders.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.