Our client is a well-established manufacturer of specialist, precision engineered components which are sold worldwide.
With a massive global client footprint, they survived 2020 well and continued to strengthen their team throughout the year. In another addition to the existing team, and in line with their investment into new product innovation and equipment, they seek a Manufacturing Engineer/CNC Programmer to take on responsibility for manufacturing engineering in a specific cell, supporting CNC milling operations and delivering robust manufacturing processes to ensure customer orders are delivered on time, in full and to the correct cost and quality.
- Fixture design
- Preparation of CNC programs
- Tooling selection
- Identification of and implementation of performance improvement ideas
- Introduction of new products into a busy machine shop – high product mix, low batch size environment
- Previous experience in a manufacturing engineer, production engineer or NPI engineer in a CNC metal cutting, and specifically milling environment (machine shop)
- Experience in fixture design – ideally in a modular setting
- CNC programming – both on and offline (EdgeCAM, FeatureCAM preferred, though other CAM software will be considered)
- 3D modelling of fixtures using Solidworks or another similar 3D package
- Significant experience in new product introduction and liaison with design and shop floor to provide a ‘right first time’ engineering service
- Knowledge of Lean, process flow, cellular manufacturing, SMED, OEE, SOPs – preferred but can be learnt
- Knowledge of planning software is advantageous
- Knowledge of MS applications – Word, Excel
Most importantly, we seek an inquisitive, innovative, tenacious and confident engineer, who is passionate about continuous improvement, and not afraid to challenge the status quo. A positive, energetic and engaging character with a ‘can do’ nature, this engineer will enjoy great support from a business willing and able to invest in new technology and initiatives. Hence this role gives ample opportunity for the right engineer to make a true difference.
The organisation continues to expand and be at the forefront of technological advances in their field of expertise, investing regularly in new technology. They are strongly focused on training and development, welcome new ideas and celebrate success.
Please send CVs stating current salary and location for immediate review.
Days based role, early Friday finish.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.