- Role: Senior Automation Engineer (Home based)
- Company: A World Leader in Manufacturing Software Systems, Process Control and Automation
- Location: Home based, ideally situated in the North West
- Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 + benefits
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Automation Engineer to join a world leader in providing Manufacturing Software Systems, Process Control systems and Automation into Life Science companies globally. As the Senior Automation Engineer you will be home based, ideally located in the North West and will work closely with one the businesses biggest clients.
As the Senior Automation Engineer, you’ll report to the Automation & IT Project Manager, specifically responsible for the Implementation of Continuous Manufacturing Automation Systems as part of a larger project. You’ll also be required to work closely with the Automation & IT teams responsible for the full Automation and IT scope and with vendors / partners with responsibility for delivery of systems.
- As the senior Automation Engineer, you will Manage Automation vendors and provide clear direction for the Automation team.
- You’ll develop and/or review SDLC deliverables, compliant with client standards, including but not limited to:
- Requirements Specifications
- Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Functional Specification
- Design Specification
- Code Review
- Test specification/test script, etc.
- You’ll develop an understanding of the complete operation of the CM and follow development of coding efforts from concept to FAT
- Ensure delivery of code is robust, stable and delivers a system which runs compliantly and efficiently in conformance with client standards for infrastructure, DI and throughput needs of business (OEE > predefined metric)
- Work closely with vendors of Automation equipment to ensure deliverables meet project requirements, including the interfacing of new Automation equipment with existing site systems, incl. MES and PI Historian.
- Work closely with the QA-IT and CSV functions and ensure their requirements are met in all deliverables.
- Participate in Hardware and Software FATs and SATs to ensure client requirements and standards are met.
- Develop project schedules and document trackers to manage and control project deliverables.
- Lead Automation meetings and support, relevant program meetings.
- Liaise with stakeholders on the overall project to ensure clear communication between all parties.
- Ensure Automation compliance with Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day to day activities and all applicable job functions.
In order to be successful in this position as the Senior Automation Engineer, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a similar role in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong experience in the following systems: Siemens S7 PLC, WinCC SCADA and HMIs
- Experience in one or all the following systems would be advantageous: Other PLC, SCADA and HMIs, Siemens Desigo, OSISoft PI, RT Reports, PasX MES.
- The successful candidate may sometimes be required to attend meetings at client sites, attend FAT testing at vendor premises and attend meetings at vendor premises as required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Relevant Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent
- Previous experience of Continuous Manufacturing is desired.
- Previous experience of Oral Solid Dose manufacturing will be advantageous.
- Previous experience of high containment manufacturing will be advantageous.
This permanent opportunity offers a great annual salary between £60,000 - £65,000 + benefits package along with market leading personal development and career opportunities.
Please click on the apply button or contact Kathryn Oxley at Mercury Hampton directly. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within 48 hours, however, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.