Job Role: Technical Author
Duration: 6 months rolling contract
Day Rate: £220 - £240 (PAYE)
Summary of the Technical Author:
I am currently recruiting for a Technical Author with a strong rail background to work for a Tier 1 company on a long term Civils project.
Responsibilities for the Technical Author:
- Producing the mandatory documentation to support the design projects, working alongside Design Engineers and Project Engineers.
- Creating a modification procedure from the project design drawings, survey photographs and existing rail vehicle information.
- Creating new maintenance procedures as necessary from the design drawings.
- Assessing any existing maintenance instructions and amend as necessary.
- When necessary, creating new Client templates in MS Word to support the above.
- Stand-alone production of technical documentation for project tasks.
- Assists with authoring of risk assessments across the project.
- Preparing high quality technical reports based of the output of various tools and processes already within the business.
Requirements for the Technical Author:
- Degree educated OR equivalent experience
- At least 5 years Rail experience
- You must own your own vehicle and be willing to use this
- Significant relevant Rail industry experience to work in a stand-alone role
- Previous experience writing all processes and procedures for the rail surveying for a major project
If you feel as though you are the right person for this Technical Author role, then please apply with an up to date copy of your CV and we will be in touch with you soon.
We look forward to hearing from you!
"VGC Personnel are acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy"
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.