Altran are looking for Stress Engineers to join on a permanent basis in our offices in Filton. This role will provide support to a couple of major clients in the aerospace sector alongside the current stress team.
Tasks and activities will include the following:
- Performing mechanical analysis tasks of gas turbine modules or components, mostly based on FEA
- Building FE models of gas turbines modules or components – static, dynamic, thermo-mechanical, 2D or 3D
- Focusing on the analysis of mechanical integrity for compressor, combustion or turbines subsystems and other component parts for stress
- Performing post-processing and generating appropriate outputs
- Carrying out various types of analysis based on the above, i.e. static stress, fatigue, life assessments, optimisation, etc.
- Produce technical slide packs and high quality technical reports
- Presenting and reporting progress and results, externally and internally
- Representing mechanical analysis/stress in multi-disciplinary project teams
- Maintaining direct working relationships with clients and represent both your work and the work of team members during client meetings
Qualifications and Technical Skills
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering or scientific discipline, ideally mechanical
- A chartered engineer (or working towards chartership) would be desirable
- Experience of gas turbine technologies required
- Demonstrable understanding and knowledge of;
- Physics relating to structures, in particular rotating structures
- Modelling of structures under multiple loads (e.g. rotational, aerodynamic)
- Hand calculations from first principles
- Non-linear experience preferred
- Demonstrable experience with the following:
- Mechanical analysis FE toolsets
- Life analysis of rotating machinery
- Engineering documentation
- Proactive attitude and ability to communicate and report at different levels
- Excellent communication skills with a good level of verbal and written English
- Possess customer interaction skills
In addition to the culture and career development opportunities at Altran, we offer a matched pension scheme, healthcare and generous holiday allowance.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.