This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Responsible for managing all external change into the plant, this position is the single point of connection between the plant and external partners to support Growth, Productivity and Capacity initiatives and aligning the plant development roadmap to support the business objective.
- In collaboration with EMEA project engineering team and finance, build the business case for plant investment and upgrades resulting from automation and digitalization.
- Provide leadership for the Journey to Excellence PM Pillar (Planned Maintenance) and EEM (Early Equipment Management) strategies, focused on building employee capability and driving employee engagement through implementation of high-performance work systems to achieve exceptional business results.
- Lead, train and develop the systems such as Breakdown Elimination, Planning and Scheduling to reduce Maintenance Spend and Storeroom Inventory, while ensuring the plant’s assets are continuously improved and maintained to standard.
- Lead the maintenance employees and coach Operations Managers and Team Managers to ensure that JTE, PM systems integration with AM and problem-solving methodologies and tools across the plant are aligned to create common objectives for all departments and achieve plant/facility goals.
- Deliver strategic cost savings and improvement projects via a specialist engineering and support the Engineering Leaders in identifying best practice and the delivery of the Engineering Development Plan
- Implement, maintain and manage the site’s utilities (Water, Steam, Electricity & Effluent) and ensure the plant complies with all asset required safety regulations and compliance regulations and work with Project engineers on the appropriate resource and PM and EEM strategy.
- Manage and provide technical solutions on environmental issues, waste disposal, building services, the fire alarm system, and the daily maintenance of all the site services (Air, Chilled Water, Refrigeration, Steam and Potable water supplies) and the effluent plant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related discipline is required
- Significant experience working and leading in engineering roles in working in manufacturing operations
- Experience and fluency in CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) and PM and EEM practices. Experience in Food Processing preferred, but not required.
- Ability to rapidly change and adapt in response to market, customer, or strategy.
- Experience gained in advanced TPM companies
- Experienced in leading change management, PROSCI preferred
- Understanding of key financial topics, including: Budgeting, Cost Center Ownership, CAAP, IRR, Yield, Waste, Scrap and Loss Analysis.
- Ability to create people change plan for strategic initiatives. Ability to be an influencer of large or high-impact change initiatives.
- Ability to balance the need of the organization and the needs of the customer (Operations and QA)
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre.
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.