Our mission is to make Britain a safer place. If you want to sell the services of an ‘Award Winning Company’ that leave nothing to chance, it’s a no brainer, British Engineering Services is the place for you!
As a Sales Executive with British Engineering Services you will focus on developing new business through our existing broker markets, nurturing and growing these relationships to ensure maximum profitability of each account. You will develop sales for our full range of services; but primarily our inspection services for machinery and equipment used on a daily basis which require our thorough programme of inspections.
We are an independent Engineering Inspection business, with over 400 highly skilled Engineer Surveyors and Engineering Consultants who inspect, test and report on industrial machinery to keep the UK industry, businesses and public safe.
Who we work with is everything to us, our relationships with our customers and brokers really matters. We love working with people who think like we do and as a Business Development Executive you will support your clients every step of the way to keep their customers’ and people safe, their plant and equipment productive and their business legally compliant.
What will I be doing?
As a Sales Executive you will combine your fantastic (some might say refreshing) customer service skills, commercial acumen, flair for sales, and your excellent coordination skills to help us achieve our ambitious growth plans for the business, focusing specifically on brokered business.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Following up on high quality (warm) sales leads, generated from direct marketing, social media, and website queries
- Promoting and supporting broker customers with our e-trade offering (BERT and Acturis)
- Developing relationships with our broker clients, maximising sales conversions
- Reviewing account information and making informed decisions related to accounts
- Finding innovative ways to cultivate new business
- Reviewing and analysing information, ensuring that you make informed decisions relating to customer accounts
- Liaising with colleagues to ensure that we can deliver on our new business commitments. On time. Every time
- Inspiring everyone to make the safety of their people a priority
- And obviously, closing that sale!
You don’t need experience within engineering - we’ll make sure you know everything you need to know about our world of cranes, boilers, fork-lift trucks, pumps, conveyors, bulldozers and everything else so you can speak to brokers with confidence.
What makes British Engineering Services a great place to work?
We genuinely care. It’s basic, human instinct that runs through every person that works at British Engineering Services. Knowing we always do the best job we can with absolutely no compromise means everything.
If you work for us, you will get all of this and so much more:
- A competitive salary
- A flexible working approach, with home working available 2-3 days per week (you must have suitable wifi, and provide your own office set up)
- A performance-based sales incentive bonus plan
- Bespoke industry training
- Up to 10% company pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Access to discounts and benefits via our company benefits portal including; retail, fitness, holiday and cinema discounts
- The support of a superb employee assistance programme
What experience do I need?
You may come from a phone based sales or retention role, or you may have solid B2B customer service experience with a strong desire to move into a sales role. Either way, you will have the right attitude aptitude and appetite for what we do. Keeping Britain Safe.
In addition to this, you will:
- Ideally, you be able to demonstrate a successful track record achieving ambitious targets
- Have excellent attention to detail, as you will ensure all customer details and quotes are accurate across all systems
- Create, grow and develop great customer partnerships
- Have the enthusiasm to deliver a refreshing customer experience, every time
- Be reliable; There’s something about being dependable that we all think matters
To apply for this role, simply click “Apply”. We ask for some basic contact information and a CV or your LinkedIn profile, it’s that easy! Please keep in mind, successful candidates will be required to complete the relevant background checks as part of the recruitment process.
Please note that we are currently adhering to government advise and working from home where possible. Therefore, this role will be fully home based until government guidance is eased- we ask that you ensure you have a suitable Wi-Fi connection and provide your own office set up.
British Engineering Services, making Britain a safer place.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.