- Company:Leading Filling Machinery Manufacturer
- Location:Home based ideally in the following areas Manchester, Wigan, Cheshire, Bolton, Runcorn, Wrexham.
- Salary:£40,000 - £45,000 + Van + Benefits
We have a great opportunity for Field Service Engineer to join an OEM Manufacturer of Filling Machinery into the food, industrial, chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
These products and services have gained a superb reputation for assisting customers with their filling of sensitive, delicate and difficult to handle products. To support those customer’s day-to-day operations, we are now looking to recruit two service engineers.
This role is responsible for the North of England and is home based. A fully serviced Van and tools will also be provided.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Plan, manage and carry out service engineering, maintenance support, breakdown support and spares support business for existing customers
- On site installing and commissioning of new semi-automatic machines and automated filling lines
- Offering product training and instruction to customers’ engineering and operating staff
- Gaining insight into customer operating methods and utilising that to feedback to design for product development; Providing regular reports from service visits and follow up actions for other departments;
- Ensuring compliance with the company's and our customers health and safety, quality and environmental procedures and adherence to RAMS.
Skills and Experience required
- You are either currently in a service or maintenance role and therefore will be used to dealing with both a planned and a reactive workload.
- You will ideally be an apprentice trained engineer, qualified to minimum ONC level, or equivalent, with a multi-skilled, electrically biased background that includes experience of supporting automated / PLC controlled equipment.
- Programming PLC’s is also highly desirable (Allen Bradley)
- You will also be familiar with pneumatic control systems, air cylinders and air actuated valves as well as mechanical valve and pump assemblies, conveyors and materials handling systems and motors, metal detectors, drives and controls.
- You will hold a full, clean, driving licence.
- You should possess a high level of communication skills and be able to develop a strong report and trust level with our customers.
- You will be comfortable working autonomously, whilst at the same time working to the requirements of the line manager and communicating with both customers and the members of our team who are dependent on your feedback.
- A highly self-motivated person is required as this role will need someone who can operate independently, develop customer support / service engineering opportunities, arrange visits and organise for themselves a programme of service engineer support visits with the minimum of supervision and support – you need to be a real self-starter.
Please click on the apply button or contact Kathryn Oxley at Mercury Hampton directly. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within 48 hours, however, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.