Manufacturing business based in Bristol are looking for a Product Design Project Engineer to join their NPD department. It is an exciting time for the business who are focusing on their design investing in the department and growing the team.
Working in the Product Design Department this role will support the introduction of new designs from initial concept through to product launch.
Long standing and successful business based in Bristol in the South West. This company is one of the market leaders and has seen increased demand in recent years, with impressive sales figures projected, 2021 looks to be another promising year. New senior management team are introducing new manufacturing techniques and a continuous improvement attitude to help the business reach their full potential and set themselves as the stand out market leader with a reputation for high quality and cutting edge design. Part of this transition is to invest in and improve the NPD and design department. Due to growth and ambition , the business is now investing in the design department to help push the business forward.
* The design of individual interior and exterior parts (from modelling to manufacture)
* Detailed design of parts , designed for manufacture
* Work with the Prototype team to create Mock ups and Prototypes to ensure design ideas are achievable ,
* Work with the Manufacturing and Pre-Production teams to ensure a smooth transition into production
* Liaising with suppliers and communicating effectively with other functions outside the Product Development team
* Utilize evaluation techniques to determine the best design solution
* Understand and prioritise work to fit with the overall project plan
* Work within the project guidelines and metrics (as outlined in Project Brief)
* Actively participate and in some instances lead design reviews
* Attend industry shows
* Work within the guidelines of Departmental and Company: Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions.
Design Engineer requirements
* Knowledge of manufacturing processes including CNC routing, vac forming, Extruding & injection moulding
* Working with multi-disciplinary teams
* Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate technical issues.
* Analytical problem solver
* Positive team player
* Manage time and Prioritise tasks
* Ability to understand and produce manufacturing drawings to BS8888
* Knowledge of 2D & 3D CAD including surfacing (preferably Solidworks & AutoCAD)
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.