Primary Location: GB-GB-Manchester
Other Locations: GB-GB-Birmingham
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what’s most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you’ll see it’s about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we’re focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
It’s a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world – and the world around them.
It’s a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It’s how we’ll find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. And how we’ll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
The primary focus of our team is to provide advice and reporting is to identify key risks, the severity and quantification of these risks, along with recommendations for mitigation. Our advice needs to ensure that our clients achieve maximum value from their built assets with a clear understanding of financial outlay. The role includes technical appraisals of Building Services installations (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Electrical installations, Vertical transportation, Drainage, etc.) across a range of building types although largely commercial.
If you are a Mechanical Engineer, we have an opportunity to work as part of our MEP team. Reporting to senior & principal engineers you shall be capable of independent working and working as part of a project team.
Operating within our Building Design sector, join us to progress within a successful and growing specialist team.
- Deliver work that meet client and Arcadis requirements
- Operate as a competent Mechanical Engineering professional
- Capable of independently performing routine and some non-routine tasks
- Work on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tasks. Prepare drawings, specifications, reports and other project documentation ensuring accuracy and compliance with Arcadis requirements and relevant national standards and codes of practice
- An understanding of the design of individual elements of a project and how it ultimately interfaces with the client
- Liaise with Project Managers/Team leaders to ensure effective communication on project matters
- Collate and analyse data under minimal supervision of an experienced engineer
- Assist in project cost control on small packages of work for own area
- Conversant with budgetary requirements and the importance of financial success
- Have previous Mechancial Engineering experience within a consultancy
- Knowledge and experience of BIM led design and Autodesk suite of products.
- Competent with the following software:
- Revit MEP
- IES (desirable but not essential)
- Bentley Hevacomp (desirable but not essential)
- MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Competent at designing the follow systems:
- Low to Medium complexity Heating / Cooling energy generation systems / plantrooms
- Detailed Plantroom Layouts and Schematics
- Heating distribution systems including development of equipment schedules
- Comfort Cooling distribution systems including development of equipment schedules
- Ventilation distribution systems including development of equipment schedules, Above Ground Drainage systems, DHW/CW distribution systems including development of equipment schedules
- Gas distribution systems
- Process cooling (desirable but not essential)
- Familiar with BMS Controls
At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions.
Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
- Have a BSc/BEng or MSc/MEng or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Made progress toward achieving Chartered or Incorporated status or equivalent professional accreditation
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.