At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what is most important. Because we look beyond our projects and programmes and you will see it is about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we are focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
It is a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project, and management services. It is how we will find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. And how we will deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
- Perform pavement assessments, where required by the Project Manager and report any defects to project requirements
- Identify and scope maintenance, renewal, and improvement projects to overcome pavement issues, adding value and providing fresh thinking
- Assist with the management of technical inspections and surveys, to include planning of survey routes, assessment and monitoring of programmes and evaluation of completed surveys
- From data provided, assist in the production of Pavement Specifications for Arcadis contracts and to liaise with the project team and where necessary the client.
- From an appreciation of Asset Management and experience in delivering in accordance with an Asset Management Policy, assist clients to develop, implement and continuously improve an asset management strategy that delivers efficient and effective maintenance and renewal activities to the pavement.
- To support development of a long-term, integrated asset management and value adding approach for pavements. Also, to assist in the development and implementation of an integrated Asset Management System.
Client and Stakeholder Engagement
- To work closely with commercial and financial business areas to provide technical support to help the wider business understand (whilst identifying and agreeing with all affected stakeholders) the impact of third-party additional works and network improvement schemes on the pavement assets.
- Capable communicator
- Active team member
- Methodical and structured approach working individually or as part of a team
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships within Connect Plus Services, the DBFO Co, Highways England and other relevant key stakeholders
- To identify and embrace change and promote innovations as the key to continuous improvement.
- To promote the highest standards of safety
At Arcadis, you will have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity, and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success. #LI-HR1
- Technical diploma, degree level or proven experience.
- Progressing towards / membership of appropriate Professional Institute (example: ICE, CIHT, or equivalent).
Pavement Engineering experience
- Familiar with pavement design standards in accordance with the RWSC, DMRB and MCHW.
- Familiar with asphalt and concrete mix design.
- Proven experience of pavement design, construction, inspection, and investigations.
- General understanding of pavement operations, maintenance, and renewal.
- Skilled in MS Office applications.
- A general Understanding and exposure to real time Asset databases. Willingness to apply skills to new and evolving Asset Management Systems and Tools (Agile / dTIMS).
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.