Randstad Engineering is recruiting for a Head of Design / Design Lead to head up our clients global design function.
Reporting to the CTO the Head of Design / Design Lead will play a key part in transitioning our client from start up phase to scale up phase.
You will be responsible for delivering product and system design work in alignment with our clients technology strategy, ensuring design capability, process and methodology is world class and aligned with corporate values, and growing a high performing multi-disciplinary
design and analysis team.
- Experience of mechanical design of complex components, including an understanding of finite element and finite volume analysis methods (FEA, CFD).
- Understanding of metallurgy and material science (Desirable).
- Understanding of Additive Manufacturing process (Desirable).
- Proven track record in growing, developing and leading high performing technical teams, ideally across multiple locations.
- High levels of personal accountability and ownership, to effectively deliver on challenging and ambitious targets.
- Ability to manage a number of fast-paced projects at the same time, balancing delivery and resource with business needs and priorities.
- Strong presentation (both of technical solutions and data) and reporting skills.
- Ability to focus on detail to fully understand issues and drive improvement.
- Deliver on aggressive technology development targets to create value and deliver impact, working closely with the Leads of other engineering functions (Electronics, Prototyping, Development, Digital).
- Grow, develop and lead the design and analysis team across UK and overseas sites ensuring our client has the right skills and experience to deliver on technology roadmap.
- Support Sales and Production with continuous improvement activities on company products in service to ensure best alignment with industry needs and feedback.
- Ensure tools, capability and processes are fit for purpose and world leading.
Randstad Technologies Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.