Manchester City Centre
£28k - £35k (possibly more depending on experience)
A international Civil and Structural Engineering consultancy based in Manchester City Centre are currently looking for Structural Engineer with a few years' experience behind them to join the team to work on a number of projects in the Residential and Commercial sector.
The right Structural Engineer will be expected to undertake structural design calculations in a variety of media including steel, concrete, timber and masonry in accordance with British Standards / Euro Codes to successfully deliver projects for Clients. Projects will be allocated by Senior Engineers and design works can in some instances include provision of working drawings, whilst in others you would liaise with a draftsman who will produce the drawings and for your review.
- A minimum of 3 years' post qualification experience working in a similar consultancy environment in the UK
- Degree in Structural / Civil Engineering - BEng (Hons) essential, Meng (Hons) preferable.
- Independently further your Professional Development towards Professional Membership of ICE or IStructE, however support will be provided through in-house mentoring supplemented by externally provided or inhouse training sessions as appropriate.
- 37.5 hours working week, notionally 9am-5pm with some flexibility, based in our Manchester City Centre (also including remote working from home due to Covid 19 impact). Salary dependant upon experience.
- Holidays - 25 days (3 to be taken over Christmas period) plus statutory Bank Holidays
- Benefits package included
If this sounds like you, please contact Andrew Wilson at Calibre Search or apply within.
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.