Junior Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Superb opportunity for an individual with a recognised engineering qualification and a foundation of experience gained within an engineering-related role, to join a world leading manufacturing business where you’ll be given all the training and support you need to thrive and develop a successful career.
Less Common Metals (LCM) is a world leader in the manufacture and supply of complex alloy systems and metals, specialising in those based on rare earth elements. With many years experience in the production of materials to tight compositional tolerances and controlled microstructures, we take a highly flexible and innovative approach to a wide range of material requirements.
You’ll be part of a longstanding workforce based at our site in Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, working within a business culture that promotes a healthy work life balance, gives you the freedom to take ownership of your workload whilst working autonomously, and provides plenty of support to enhance your knowledge and skills through self-development.
The Role - Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Reporting to the Senior Maintenance Engineer, as a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring all on-site plant and equipment is working as effectively and efficiently as possible. The role will involve all aspects of troubleshooting, problem solving and project work, and you will be expected to implement continuous improvements individually and as part of a team, whilst benefitting from the support and mentoring of our senior engineering team.
Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Carrying out first line maintenance tasks and improvements on equipment throughout the factory efficiently and effectively to enable maintenance targets to be met
- Completing preventative maintenance tasks in order to ensure a high standard of plant reliability is achieved safely at all times
- Providing feedback on completed tasks and ongoing work requirements using the Maintenance System to ensure equipment histories are up to date
- Identifying and following up work and improvements through discussions with the Senior Maintenance Engineer
You may also be required from time to time to work at heights by use of a cherry picker, with full training provided.
Our Requirements - Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
- A recognised engineering qualification and a foundation of experience gained within an engineering-related role, ideally in heavy engineering
- Logical approach to problem solving
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
Although not essential, experience with some of the following would be advantageous:
- Temperature controllers
- Vacuum systems
- 3phase power distribution
- Water and air cooling systems
- Dust extraction systems
- A.C and D.C motor control systems
- PLC control systems
As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you’ll benefit from:
- A salary of circa £24,000 per annum
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising to 25 days after 3 years)
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Permanent contract, working full time hours, Monday to Friday, with shifts to include 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm (alternating weekly)
All applications for this Junior Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.