Production & Electrical Engineering Graduates
Location: Carrington, Manchester
Contract: Fixed Term (2 years)
Hours: Full time, some shift work may be required during the contract term
Saica is one of the leading European players in the development and production of recycled paper for corrugated cardboard with a production of 2.5 million tons of paper. The Company has recently built on its’ success in the paper and corrugated market and diversified into the development and production on Flexible packaging. With more than 9,000 employees across Spain, France, Italy, Portugal, UK, Ireland, Turkey, Luxembourg and The Netherlands, Saica Group has four business divisions: recycled paper production for corrugated cardboard (PAPER), recyclable materials recovery (NATUR), production of corrugated packaging (PACK) and flexible packaging (FLEX). The consolidated turnover of the multinational group is over 3.5 billion Euros.
About the opportunity
• Taking part in our Graduate Program, we want to develop you as a future expert in our Company. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with a successful, growing, multinational organisation.
• As a Production or Electrical graduate within Saica in the UK&I, you will receive a comprehensive 2-year development programme during which you will learn the business and production processes in depth while contributing to real business projects.
• At the end of your 2-year development programme, you may apply for structured roles within the organisation and to continue onto the graduate leadership development programme.
What we need from you
• Degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other relevant technical discipline.
• You will need to be eligible to work in the UK on a permanent basis
• Fluent English language skills – written and verbal.
• This post will require you to spend c.6months working at one of our sites in another country (ie; Spain) so an ability & willingness to live & work in another country is a must.
• A full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes.
• You will also need to have an abundance of drive and energy.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement tools
• 6 - 12 months’ experience within a manufacturing environment will be advantageous, although previous experience is not necessary as full training will be given.
• A second European language (e.g. Spanish or French) would be advantageous but is not essential as lessons will be provided as part of your development.
Saica is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates, so if you feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role then please click “Apply” and submit your up to date CV and covering letter for consideration.
Please note: The closing date for applications is 31st of March 2021
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.