Opportunity for a Civil Engineer with a history of working on infrastructure projects to join a leading local multidisciplinary consultancy practice with a reputation for delivering innovative and sustainable engineering solutions across a range of sectors. Due to contract awards and an increased workload they are seeking to recruit a Civil Engineer to join their Infrastructure team based in Belfast.
As a Civil Engineer you will be involved in the heart of the design of major Civil Infrastructure projects including road projects, junction design, road improvement schemes, traffic calming, parking facilities, industrial and retail development estate roads and residential roads and pedestrian facilities. Career progression is at the core for our client and as such they will fully support membership and progression to becoming chartered while offering a competitive salary. Going forward you will have the opportunity to work from home three days per week with the other two in the Belfast office.
As a member of the Civil Engineering Team and under the guidance of senior team members you will undertake the following duties:
- Preparing conceptual, schematic and detailed design solutions for various elements of infrastructure engineering work using AutoCAD software.
- Liaising and co-ordinating with other design team members, both in house, other offices and/or external consultants.
- Attending design team meetings and client liaison meetings as appropriate.
- Assisting in the preparation of drawing lists, programmes, specifications and progress reports using Microsoft Office software.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must have a degree in civil engineerin, 2:1 or above.
- Circa 3-5 years' experience in a similar role working on infrastructure projects.
- Chartered or Working towards Chartership.
- Previous design office experience.
- Excellent communications skills in particular report writing.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Experience project managing civil projects would be desireable but not essential.
If you feel this Civil Design Engineer role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
To hear more about the role please contact Wellington Professional Recruitment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.