Established for over 60 years, our client is a local Civil & Structural engineering company, based in Belfast, who have grown to become one of the largest independent practices in Ireland. Due to an increasing workload they are wishing to appoint high calibre, motivated and enthusiastic structural engineers who are keen to contribute to the delivery of a range of projects from key, landmark local developments to prestigious and innovative schemes across Great Britain and Ireland for both private clients and public bodies.
As a Senior Structural Engineer you be involved at the heart of the design consultancy. Career progression is at the core for our client and as such they will fully support membership and progression to becoming chartered, while offering a competitive salary. Going forward you will have the opportunity to work from home three days per week with the other two in the Belfast office.
- Preparing conceptual, schematic and detailed design solutions for various elements of structural engineering work.
- Liaising and co-ordinating with other design team members, both in-house, other offices and/or external consultants.
- Attending design team meetings and client liaison meetings as appropriate.
- Assisting in the preparation of drawing lists, programmes, specifications and progress reports using Microsoft Office software.
- Co-operating with site supervisory resources.
- Any other relevant engineering duties as may be required from time to time and as determined by local Office.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must have a Degree in a related discipline such as Civil/Structural Engineering, 2:1 or above.
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role within a design consultancy.
- Chartered or approaching chartership.
- AutoCAD skills, preferably with experience of Revit.
- Be able to work effectively under pressure, to deadlines and as part of a team.
Our Client recognises and promotes staff career development as a core value. As such they will fully support membership and progression to becoming Chartered.
If you feel this "Senior Structural Engineer" role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
To hear more about this role please contact Wellington Professional Recruitment
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.