Do you have a strong interest for electromechanics? Are you fascinated with repairing, servicing and see how things work? Would you love to work for a market leader within the white goods industry as a Field Service Engineer?
The Concept Academy are hiring Trainee Engineers to join a market leader of large domestic appliances such as washing machines, refrigerators, dishwashers, cookers & tumble dryers.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking keen individuals with a willingness to learn that would love to get hands on within a new industry. You will have a passion within electromechanicals with basic experience also being advantageous. Other qualifying areas or experience that may be considered are ; vehicle maintenance, coffee machines, vending machines, ticket machines, parking machines, washing machines, tumble dryers, dishwashers, microwaves fridges etc.
It is important that you are able to demonstrate;
- Fantastic customer service skills
- Energetic, driven & great attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn
- Problem solving in difficult situations
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Long term goal to be trained as a competent engineer
Our training academy
- Fully comprehensive training including classroom, workshop and theory
- First training course is a 3 - 4 week training course at client Head Office in Peterborough then a further 2 weeks shadowing a Senior Engineer within the field.
- This would require you to stay overnight within the week and go home on weekends during training
Life after training
You have completed your 4 week training, you have a shiny new van, tools and parts all loaded, you're ready to go … so what's next?
- Service repair and maintenance within domestic settings on a range of domestic appliances
- Monitor and maintain adequate stock levels
- Completing service calls via PDA
- Monthly one to ones with Regional Supervisor & Team quarterly meetings
- Ongoing training and skill set monitoring
- Aiming for first time fix rate
- Day to day updates via Coordination Team
- This role is field based and you will be covering around your home location
What's on offer?
- £21,000 per annum
- £1,000 salary increase after 6 months
- Opportunity to earn commission
- Van & fuel card
- Comprehensive training courses direct from manufacturer followed by 2 week shadowing on the field.
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Payable through an umbrella company
- Quarterly engineer reward scheme
- Access to Perkbox
- This is an ongoing training contract & you will have the opportunity to be made permanent (based on performance)
- Uniform, Tools, test equipment, footwear, PPE, face masks, hand sanitiser provided
- Strong interest in an engineering discipline
- Full UK Driving License
- Right to work in the UK
- Appropriate delivery point for a courier to have 24/7 access to deliver stock e.g. (garage, storage unit, ideally 50 sq foot) is essential
- Good written & excellent verbal communication skills across all levels
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Happy to stay away from home when training at Head Office.
- Confident using Android devices
What is the interview process?
- Initial telephone screening to discuss background, training academy & the role
- Video call with Service Delivery Coordinator competency based / technical questions
- Face to face / video interview with Service Delivery Manager
This would be a fantastic role for a trainee who wants to become a field service engineer and learn a new industry.
For more information please see - https://(url removed)/concept-academy/
We are recruiting heavily over the next year, so if you don't see a vacancy within your area, but you want to register your interest, please email your CV with the subject - Academy Engineer Interest.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.