What We do
Springett Associates are an established consulting civil & structural engineering practice with three UK offices. We work on projects across the UK, ranging from luxury new-build houses, new-build residential developments to industrial projects, offices and leisure facilities.
As part of our ongoing expansion, we have a vacancy for a civils design engineer to work in or near our Eastbourne office. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape our services going forward and to take the next step in your career.
The successful candidate will have experience working on infrastructure and building projects and will be an experienced Civil Engineer/Designer, ideally with 3 years' post-qualification experience. Candidates with different experiences & skillsets will be considered on their own merits, but don't fully match the specification so if in doubt please apply.
You will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. You will have a valid UK driving licence
Role and Responsibilities
- Civil engineering design for residential, commercial and industrial projects
- Undertaking Technical and Feasibility studies
- Liaising with client, design teams and construction teams
- Liaison and negotiation with regulatory authorities
- Deliver projects within budgetary and client requirements
- Developing new ideas & client relationships to help shape the future of the business
- Preparation of specifications for civil engineering works
- Assisting with business development via bidding for new work
- Reporting to the Director and providing progress reports
Education / Knowledge
The successful candidate will have experience and/or knowledge of some or all of the following:
- Minimum degree or similar qualification in civil engineering
- Experience of drainage design and detailing across a range of projects and sectors
- Knowledge of highways design, transport planning
- Experience of dealing with regulatory agreements (S104, S185, S278, S38 etc.)
- Undertaking Technical and Feasibility Studies, flood risk assessments & drainage strategies
- Developing SuDS designs to mitigate flood risk and water quality issue
- Knowledge of CDM 2015 regulations
- Experience in relevant software systems (e.g. PDS, AutoCAD, Civils 3D etc)
What We Offer
- A competitive salary & benefits package
- Support towards Chartered/Incorporated status and/or ongoing IPD/CPD training
- A relaxed working environment
- Flexible and/or remote working opportunities
- Interesting and varied workload
- Good career progression prospects
Unsolicited CV’s or approaches from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
You must be currently living in and eligible to work in the UK
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.