Senior Civil Structural Engineer (Cladding, Curtain Walling & Building Envelopes) - Liverpool, UK
A new vacancy for a Senior Civil Structural Engineer with leading UK provider of specialist testing, assessment & approval services to the Construction industry. Based at the company's offices in the Liverpool area, the Senior Civil Structural Engineer will also have the option of working from home 2-3 days per week.
The main purpose of the Senior Civil Structural Engineer role is to plan, co-ordinate and carry out assessments of construction products and systems, covering areas such as Cladding, Curtain Walling, Roofing and Building Envelopes. You will be managing multiple projects where you will be expected to prepare contract offers and estimates for the assessment of various types of construction products and systems related to civil/structural engineering. The Senior Civil Structural Engineer will also be required to research and investigate aspects of construction product/system performance, work as part of a team contributing to team and individual targets and objectives and regularly converse with clients ensuring you maintain good quality and standards at all times.
* Degree/MSc in civil/structural engineering
* 5+ years in structural or civil engineering to Eurocodes or specifications; experience in particular at least 2 of the following: Reinforced and prestressed concrete, steel, timber, masonry, fixings and connections.
* Structural calculations by hand and 2D / 3D using software such as ROBOT or Tekla (or similar)
Desirables and/or alternative attributes:
* Member of Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Institute of Structural Engineers (IStructE) - preferably chartered or near-chartered
* Experience in building envelope systems - cladding, curtain walling, roof systems
* Experience in structural or materials testing (but not surveying)
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.