Manual/Conventional Machine Shop Machinist/Fitter
My client, a leading mechanical, electrical and electronic engineering services business, that specialises in repairing, manufacturing and maintaining rotating equipment is looking for an experienced Manual Machinist/Fitter. The skills for this role ranges from centre lathes, boring and milling machines. Working alongside other machinists in the workshop your role will involve, bore and bush, dealing with improvements to components including pump parts, motors, repairing shafts from inside motors and pumps. As we as repairs, manufacturing new parts, shape the parts.
Growing demand for mechanical engineering services from clients has led to a requirement for additional Machine Shop Technicians with good experience of manual/conventional (non-CNC) Turning, Milling and Boring machines together with proven mechanical fitting skills. Your duties will include: -
- Manufacture and repair of parts, using manual (non-CNC) lathes, drilling & boring machines.
- Additional knowledge of fitting of rotating equipment, balancing, and welding would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Ideally the ability to work from drawings for example be able to make a shaft or other components from a sample.
- The role is subject to an on-call rota to cover urgent customer and business requirements.
- This role does require overtime and shift work (1 week in 4) including the occasional weekends depending on workload and projects to be worked from time to time when the workload on the department dictates.
- A requirement to work on site at customers premises.
- Experience working to high 5S standards and ISO accredited environments.
- Developing relationships with clients, and working to tight deadlines
To apply you must be: -
- A resourceful, time-served mechanical engineering machinist with experience in the set up and operation of lathes, boring and milling machines.
- A fully trained and experienced (non-CNC) manual/conventional machinist with experience in Turning, Milling and/or Boring machines.
- A commitment to always work safely and report any issues to supervision.
- The ability to meet the commitments required by the on call rota.
- You must have manual/conventional machining experience, within a machine shop.
What’s on offer: -
- The company offer a competitive £14-15 rate / hour and an OTE of £30,000-£35,000 depending on overtime worked.
- Company pension and 4 weeks holiday + bank holidays.
- This is a great opportunity to work in our long-established, multi-branch electro/mechanical engineering business offering a variety of machining work in our Liverpool workshop, overtime and occasional site work. You will also have opportunities to enhance your skill set with training in electro-mechanical services unique to this business.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.