Salary: circa €30,000 per annum plus package
A financially stable, privately owned Civil Engineering Contractor is seeking to appoint a Graduate Site Engineer to join its European business unit.
Scope of work will typically involve groundworks and earthworks, drainage, reinforced concrete and other ‘core’ civils. All work is self-delivered.
Supporting European located projects the Graduate Civil Engineer will learn and develop the skills necessary to support the project in the co-ordination and control of the onsite construction process. Working with a Site Manager or Project Manager the Graduate Civil Engineer will be given responsibility for a project section or work package to ensure that the site build progresses in line with the plan.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Working alongside a more experienced Site Engineer
- Surveying the site
- Checking drawings
- Monitoring site labour
- Collating project data
- Set up work sites with GF/ Works manager
- Working with the subcontractor to ensure the timely preparation Risk Assessment Method Statements, Inspection and Test Plans, Permits, Consents etc for the works and that these are implemented.
- Day to day work site coordination and planning to ensure the works are carried out safely and efficiently Ensuring Permit to Dig, Temporary Works and other safety systems are implemented Provide support, assistance, and information to other teams as necessary such as Community Relations, Highways, and Logistics
To be successful in this position, it is anticipated that you:
- HND / Degree in Civil Engineering, or equivalent
- Prior experience in Civil engineering / Infrastructure projects would be beneficial
- EU Passport desirable, not essential
Please do not hesitate to contact us in confidence for a more detailed discussion surrounding this position.
“People Group are an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to promoting an inclusive environment for both our clients and employees.”
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.