We are currently recruiting for a AC Engineer. This is a mobile role to cover client sites in London, Nottingham, Leister, Manchester and South locations such as Gosport and Maidenhead.
Working hours: 8:00 - 17:00 Monday - Friday
To perform all planned and unplanned engineering activities relating to the critical services contained within the data centres across the UK.
- Support the Line Manager in the day to day implementation of EMCOR policies, procedures and standards necessary to maintain the integrity of ongoing critical operational activities and provide high quality service to customer
- Ensure all planned and reactive maintenance is completed according to the plan of work ensuring the all appropriate documentation is in place and that all safety and performance standards are met in accordance with the contract Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
- Complete appropriate records and documentation as required, including but not limited to, timesheets, job dockets, work orders, site audits and inspections and testing certification.
- F Gas log books are to date and reflect the assets on site
- Ensure that all your technical training and capability is kept up-to-date
- Supervise specialist contractors and ensure all certification / documentation is completed in accordance with EMCOR and client requirements
- Liaise with and respond to the helpdesk in ensuring that urgent maintenance tasks are dealt with in accordance with contracted response times and that high standards of customer care are maintained
- Ensure good housekeeping and working practices are maintained and ensure that you represent EMCOR in a professional manner at all times.
- Obtain quotations and provide necessary information for the raising of orders to ensure task completion as required with a focus on offering the best possible value for money solution that is available
- Identify and implement operational improvements to ensure continued provision of high quality service
- Perform the role of call-out engineer as required in accordance with contractual requirements
- Perform Supervisory Functions as required
- Maintain specialist the Data Centre Plant and Equipment in support of client's Data Centre Servers etc
- Assist in other ad hoc functions within skills level, training and experience on an as-instructed basis Purpose.
- To perform all planned and unplanned engineering activities relating to the running the EMCOR critical services Data Centre Business Unit supporting client sites
- A highly skilled engineer with excellent experience on close control systems and functions typically found in a data centre
- Close control AC experience
- Electrical understanding/qualified
- Understanding of critical environments and services involved (Generators, UPS, etc),
- Ability to work on own initiative and communicate well,
- Flexible in travel across UK to the different data centres
- The individual should have the communication skills to interact with the client at all levels
- The commitment to getting the job done and advise the client of works completed or additional works required
- 25 days annual leave
- Auto enrol pension
- Company van
- Flexible benefits
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.