Arup are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Arup are currently looking for a Supply Chain Compliance Manager on an initial 3 month contract in Manchester
Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources. We partner with Arup to support contingent recruitment processes. On behalf of Arup, we are looking for a Supply Chain Compliance Manager on an initial 3 month contract in Manchester
Supply Chain Compliance Manager Role
We are currently looking for Supply Chain Compliance Manager to join us in either Manchester
You'll be responsible for managing a procurement compliance process across our complex project and central service supply chains.
Fully supported by the Procurement, Tax and Finance teams, you'll work with project managers, project directors, purchasing managers and other buyers within the business to:
- Act as the first point of contact for 'buyers' when they are considering supplier options
- Identify, understand and manage risk during procurement phase of new and existing suppliers and subcontractors, and guide appropriately as to remedial actions.
- ensure all compliance activities are completed on time, actions tracked, solutions agreed and documented and accurate timely reporting is provided
- escalation of any risks to appropriate team - Legal, Tax, Finance, further within Procurement
- Post procurement - actively managing the supply chain to continually assess and audit ongoing risks to intervals agreed and amended from time to time.
- Risks will include supply chain tax compliance (IR35) as an initial focus, closely followed by reputational supplier searches, financial stability, contractual validity, new supplier onboarding and the like.
- Further important areas for identification and reporting will be sustainability, ethics-diversity and inclusion (EDI) and supplier performance scoring
- Ensure supplier contracts are submitted as part of the compliance process - escalating any concerns appropriately and as agreed.
- Maintain accurate database(s) and records of all activities undertaken, to permit audit trails of all decisions taken. Support the migration of any legacy databases to new platforms as and when they are implemented and available for use.
- You will be supported by a compliance officer, reporting to you, in the activities above.
- You will report to the Head of Procurement
Supply Chain Compliance Manager Skills and experiences
- Experience of providing a procurement/supply chain or similar compliance internal service in a complex environment
- Knowledge of supply chain/procurement compliance processes - SRM, Business Integrity, contracts, pre-qualification, frameworks and implementation of standards - will be an advantage
- Excellent digital skills, working with and maintaining data to a high standard using Microsoft platforms and ERP systems.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, adept at working with a broad range of stakeholders at all levels and able to arrive a mutually acceptable solution
- Possess a positive, flexible and pragmatic approach to working
- We will consider a range of professional qualifications appropriate to the role.
Diversity at Arup:
Arup's goal is to shape a better world. And to do that, Arup is committed to be a great place to work for everyone. Arup's aim is to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution.
It's imperative to know that Arup truly believe in providing opportunities for people regardless of their background or circumstances, and that Arup is genuinely committed to ensuring that they create an inclusive and diverse environment.
If you are interested in applying for this Supply Chain Compliance Manager position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our sourcing specialists now.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.