To assist the Quality Engineer in achieving and maintaining all relevant quality standards required for the Company and deal with customer’s requirements and concerns to maintain customer satisfaction.
Role and Responsibilities
- Liaise with both customers and suppliers to ensure both internal and external requirements are achieved.
- Control customer complaints, ensuring timely response and actions and closing out of 8D’s.
- Production support, recommending opportunities and supporting the drive for continuous quality improvement.
- Working other function areas to identify root causes to problems and issues
- Experienced in writing SOPs, and being involved in the creation of control plans, FMEA and PFMEA
- Day to day monitoring of production output ensuring compliance to product specification, including measurements and function testing as required
- Liaise with other departments to resolve quality issues.
- Producing quality documents as needed, to include reports in response to customer complaints
- Undertake both internal and external audits.
- Undertake, where relevant, first-off inspections.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working and developing the following:
- Educated to HND/HNC in a relevant engineering discipline although strong experience supported by relevant qualifications will be considered equivalent
- Use of problem-solving tools and methodology - APQP, FMEA, Control Plans, PPAP, IMDS and 8D’s.
- Experience of manufacturing processes would be advantageous
- Experience of Internal auditing would be advantageous
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.