Assistant Quantity Surveyor - required for our client is currently to join their well-established team near to Gatwick airport. Our client are specialists within the Civil Engineering industry and provide minor works on Railway owned infrastructure. Works normally involve the upgrades of railway structures including bridges, tunnels, viaducts and earthworks.
This individual is required for commercial management of Reactive and Planned Maintenance contracts within the Rail industry. It is expected that the successful candidate will provide excellent assistance throughout the reactive maintenance and planned preventative maintenance works projects. Project values will range around the quarter of a million-pound mark.
It is expected that the successful Quantity Surveyor will aim to have achieved Chartered Status within an agreed time period.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor Position Overview
- Providing commercial assistance on a Project(s) to protect the company's interest and deliver tender margin
- Assist the Bid team as required
- Working in minor works on railway projects and reactive building works
- Assist with Forecasting and Monthly Cost/Value Reporting.
- Works involve the upgrades of Railway Structures including bridges, tunnels, viaducts and earthworks.
- Assist with weekly review of programme and site records and analysis of variances from planned
- Provide assistance throughout the reactive maintenance and planned preventative maintenance works.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor Position Requirements
- Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying related qualification (Degree / HNC / HND)
- At least 2 years commercial experience with involvement in infrastructure projects in the construction industry, ideally in Rail
- Experience of assisting Estimating and Operations with developing bid submissions
- Aiming to achieve chartered status
- IT proficient in MS Office, particularly in Excel and Word
- Full UK Driving Licence
Assistant Quantity Surveyor Position Remuneration
- Salary dependent on experience
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- Other benefits to be discussed at interview stage
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.