Arup are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Arup are currently looking for Bridge Engineers to join the team working either in Solihull and/or Remote Working From Home.
Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources. We partner with Arup to support contingent recruitment processes. On behalf of Arup, we are looking for a Bridge Engineer on a 6 month contract
Purpose of the Bridge Engineer Role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a good knowledge of structural behaviour to temporarily join our Bridge, Civil Structures and Tunnels Group in our Solihull office. We are currently working on the design and capacity assessment of a number of schemes in the UK and worldwide, such as HS2 Euston area, Van Brienenoordbrug in Amsterdam and Transpennine route upgrade
The successful candidate will provide sound technical contributions to our world class projects, including the design of bridges, tunnels and heavy civil engineering structures such as tunnel shafts for underground railways. They will also develop sustainable solutions for existing rail and highway structures that require capacity assessments, strengthening designs or modifications for future use. Building on their developing technical basis, the successful candidate will be coordinating overall designs by interfacing with other infrastructure disciplines and communicating their designs through 3D models and other digital media.
Bridge Engineer Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- A good Civil or Structural Engineering honours degree
- Minimum of 4 years post graduate experience in the design or construction of Bridges and/or Civil Structures;
- Ability to collect information, investigate options and devise solutions;
- Team and collaborative working skills;
- Ability to deliver work on time and to budget;
- Management of a small team in producing high quality deliverables.
- Familiarity with an analytical software package, such as GSA, Strand7, Midas, SAP2000 etc;
- Familiarity with Microsoft office, and be able to compose a good technical report;
- Working knowledge of current Eurocode standards as implemented by Highways England and/or Network Rail;
Bridge Engineer Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interest in software coding in languages such as Python as a means of improving design and draughting efficiency;
- BIM skills;
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards chartership, with a relevant professional body such as ICE or IStruct E;
Diversity at Arup:
Arup's goal is to shape a better world. And to do that, Arup is committed to be a great place to work for everyone. Arup's aim is to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution.
It's imperative to know that Arup truly believe in providing opportunities for people regardless of their background or circumstances, and that Arup is genuinely committed to ensuring that they create an inclusive and diverse environment.
If you are interested in applying for this Bridge Engineer position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our sourcing specialists now.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.