We have an opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our experienced Civil and Structural Engineering team in Birmingham. We have established a well-regarded team in the last five years, contributing our engineering design to projects across the region and we are now ready to further expand our service from the city centre, working even more closely with our centrally located clients.
Our client is an independently owned multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of circa 500 staff, operating out of 16 offices in the UK. One of The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For and a champion of well-being (note our recent Health and Wellbeing Leader of the Year award at the NCE100). They believe part of their success is looking after their people and their values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment.
Locally, you will have over 30 colleagues, primarily structural and building services, led by very well established and respected Technical Directors. Being a multidisciplinary office, you will have the opportunity to work closely with other disciplines, including structures, building services, acoustics, fire, utilities, transportation and geo-environmental.
For this role you would have:
- BEng, MEng, HND or HNC qualified in relevant subject, with significant and predominant experience gained in a design office environment
- An understanding of Section 104, 278 and 38 adoption procedures
- Excellent analysis and technical design skills in AutoCAD, MicroDrainage etc.
- Good understanding of technical software such as Civil 3D, AutoTrack, Drawnet and any other industry standard software
- Knowledge of UK planning procedures and experience of providing technical support to secure planning approval
- Experience of securing technical approvals from highway and drainage authorities
Your role will include:
- Working within a growing multi-disciplinary consultancy, and operating across a matrix of projects
- Undertaking scheme development, preliminary and detailed designs and project coordination
- You will also be tasked with work winning, budgetary control of project finances and preparing fee proposals
- Line managing an emergent team to hold the quality and accuracy of technical and non-technical deliverables
- Working in a design office environment but also playing an active role in design and site meetings, site inspections and progress reporting
- Good communication and liaison with clients, architects, contractors and regulatory/statutory authorities
What you can expect in general:
Inspired and motivated colleagues. A great team, office and employer. A genuine opportunity to develop and to be recognised and rewarded.
The remuneration package will include a competitive salary and employer pension contribution, 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to five days), healthy living bonus, well-being bonus and a wide variety of flexible benefits. There are also little things like a paid day off for good causes and free fresh fruit in every office.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.