Must have minimum 4 years experience in design office
Outline of Structural Engineer role
- Carry out detailed structural analysis, designs and design checks of general structures.
- Provide technical guidance and support and assist in mentoring the development of others.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals / bid documentation to further develop the Business.
- Develop and maintain new and existing client relationships ensuring a high standard of practice.
- Attend site for purpose of carrying out surveys, site investigations and Client meetings.
- Report writing.
Structural Engineer Qualifications required
Honours or Masters Degree in Structural Engineering.
Structural Engineer Experience required
- Structural design with primary structural materials - concrete, steel, timber and masonry to Eurocodes.
- Proficient with programs such as Autocad, CSC and TEDDS.
- Experience in the design and design checking of Foundations, Piled Structures and RC Structures.
- Experience of building design would be beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are essential.
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance / approval when required.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that project timescales are met.
- Good problem solving / contingency planning skills with the ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions.
- Take responsibility for personal development and enable / support the development of others within the team.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues.
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.