Who we are looking for:
Sellafield Ltd are recruiting for Lead Manufacturing Engineers. The successful candidates will join our newly formed Manufactured Products Organisation within our engineering profession.
Sellafield Ltd spends circa £80m/year on purchasing manufactured products. The purpose of the new department is to transform how we develop manufactured products from concept to full production in the Sellafield Ltd supply chain.
We are looking for candidates with advanced qualifications in a relevant manufacturing discipline or equivalent level of experience of manufacturing in regulated industries, such as nuclear, chemical, aerospace, oil & gas and rail.
Work at Sellafield Ltd, and you’re not just building a career. You’re embarking on a mission. Joining 11,000 men and women on a 100-year project transforming the Sellafield site for all the generations that follow.
About the role:
The Lead Manufacturing Engineers are the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Sellafield Ltd accountable for the Manufacturer’s performance in delivering all design requirements in line with the technical specifications and quality manuals.
You will support the delivery of complex and challenging products through the entire lifecycle of the product from New Product Introduction through development and in to consistently delivering a product that meets the specification.
The Lead Manufacturing Engineers provide oversight as an SME & technical guidance and assistance with complex technical problems to the Manufacturing Engineers for all the other manufactured products.
You will ensure technical aspects of manufacturing processes are understood and accounted for with interfacing teams (SMEs, Design, Plant Teams, etc), partners and suppliers.
The successful candidates will work as part of a multifunction team as the lead manufacturing SME during the design phase to ensure a manufacturable solution is presented to the supply chain.
The lead Manufacturing Engineers will manage and maintain the business-related key performance indicators (KPIs) on manufacturing processes (e.g. operation times, engineering queries, non-conformances etc). Responsible for delivering improvements within the KPIs and resolving any negative trends.
You will support the Manufacturer to identify, develop, implement, maintain and continuously improve manufacturing processes and/or methods of manufacture for assigned products which are capable of meeting and continuing to meet requirements for quality, cost, and delivery rate and lead time.
As a Lead Engineer you will sets the standards in MPO by challenging SL’s current working practices and promote industry best practice by contributing to developing and improving the SL standards, frameworks, best practice methods and tools.
Leads in developing a highly skilled manufacturing engineering resource capability within SL to deliver the business strategy.
The successful candidates will utilise networking and training opportunities to keep abreast of improvements and changes in standards, best practices and to embrace the use of new technologies in engineering and manufacturing.
You will support manufactured product tenders by developing the manufacturing question set and being part of the evaluation team to ensure that manufacturing contracts are awarded to competent manufacturers with the attribute’s Sellafield Ltd aspire to work with.
The lead Manufacturing Engineers will represent MPO as manufacturing SME as required to both internal and external regulatory organisations.
To thrive in the roles you will need:
- Advanced qualification in a relevant manufacturing discipline or equivalent level of experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of using the Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) five core tools (or equivalent) to deliver complex manufacturing development projects from concept to full production.
- Experience of manufacturing in regulated industries, e.g. nuclear, chemical, aerospace, oil & gas, rail etc.
- In depth knowledge and experience of manufacturing and inspection processes.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of BS8888 geometric drawing tolerancing and ability to translate this information into a dimensional procedure to verify if a component dimensionally satisfies the drawing.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of leading on the use of quality toolsets, Six Sigma/Lean/TQM etc.
- Demonstrable evidence of leading complex manufacturing cause analysis problem-solving exercises.
- Experience in a manufacturing role of upskilling internal and external resource capability.
- Demonstrable evidence of developing and improving a manufacturing organisation e.g. setting the standards, introducing industry best practice, challenging the norm etc.
- Demonstrable evidence of working in accordance with a Quality Management System.
- SC Clearance or ability to achieve.
Location: The base location of the role is either Risley or Sellafield. However, the Role will require the successful candidates to spend a proportion of their time at client sites. Where work scope allows there is the ability for the candidate to work from home.
Closing Date: 3/3/2021
Salary:£44,907 to £50,371
Our work is complex vital and demanding those who do it receive a great package of rewards and benefits such as 25.5 days annual leave plus bank holidays, an attractive defined contribution pension scheme, annual bonus schemes and several family friendly and lifestyle policies.
For more information about the work life balance at Sellafield visit our careers website
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.