Design Engineer (Mechanical 2D & 3D)
£30,000 to £35,000 + Overtime At Premium Rates + 35 Days Holiday + Pension + Benefits
Design Engineer position available with an exciting award winning manufacturer to work on bespoke innovative products from concept to final certification. This technically challenging and varied role offers the chance to join an exceptional team.
The experienced Design Engineer will be Degree qualified (or equivalent) and either chartered / incorporated or on track for professional accreditation. In this role you will use AutoCAD and Solidworks to independently produce bespoke concept based designs.
The position will involve a real mix of both commercial and technical elements. You will liaise with clients, get involved in the quotation process and also ensure your designs meet certification requirements and regulations. Joining a multi-disciplined design team of six, this fast paced role will be really rewarding. You will see your designs come to life as manufacturing happens on site.
This is a great chance to join an award winning market leader who has been repeatedly recognised for its product excellence.
The Design Engineer Role:
* Designing bespoke products from inception to final certification.
* Using AutoCAD and Solidworks
* Role involves approximately: 40% design, 30% certification requirements, 20% quotation & document production, 10% materials testing
The Design Engineer:
* Experienced Design Engineer with strong 2D and 3D skills.
* Practical knowledge of material science and sound understand of mechanical loading of structures.
* Experience of working with regulations / certifications in a highly regulated environment.
* Will hold an engineering degree (or equivalent) in a relevant scientific field.
* Either chartered/incorporated or on track for professional accreditation.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.