Senior Mechanical Engineer – Galway
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained to recruit an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join one of Ireland’s leading M&E Contractors.
This is a permanent position based in the West of Ireland.
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Ensure the design management process is followed by either taking on the role directly or appointing an individual responsible for this role.
- Ensure the Commissioning lead process is followed by either taking on the role directly or appointing an individual responsible for this role.
- On-going monitoring of the project engineering process to ensure compliance and mentoring of the project engineers when required.
- Structured mentoring of the graduate engineer’s in line with plan agreed with Engineering Manager.
- Assist BUL in resolving any significant technical issues that cannot be resolved on site.
- Monthly progress reporting to the BUL and Engineering Manager.
- Assist BUL with recruiting of and appointing engineering support to individual projects.
- Technical review of Tenders when required, manage outsourcing of review on larger tenders.
- Attend Tender Interviews as required to promote technical capabilities.
- Highlight emerging technologies and technically and technically access innovative suggestions in the region.
- 3rd level qualification in Mechanical Engineering / Building Services Engineering
- Ideally the Mechanical Engineering Lead will possess 8+ years relevant experience of which 3+ years has been spent in a design/consultancy capacity.
- Data Centre and or Pharmaceutical experience will be advantageous but strong commercial experience will also be considered.
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Drives for results
- Leads and influences others.
- Innovates and leads in mechanical/technical activity and challenges.
- Plans and effectively manages projects.
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates
For more information please contact Sarah Murphy or to apply, click 'Apply Now'
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.