Are you passionate about Engineering and looking for a career change with new challenges? Do you have a minimum of 5 years previous experience in Engineering? Would you like to be part of a busy, small but effective maintenance team ? Do you always try to achieve greater goals and go the extra mile?
This is an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join a company working at the forefront of their market.
As a Maintenance Engineer you will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
Our business prides its self on quality & innovation. From design to manufacturing of high class technology. We are the UKs top manufacture in our field, with global sales in 2020 of over $8.5 billion.
We offer continuous development as you build your career with us.
About the role
- To provide both electrical & mechanical engineering skills and effectively support the company's plant & equipment, whilst maintaining an excellent health and safety environment and promoting good engineering practices.
- Quick and responsive to breakdowns, usually covering more than one area within the factory.
- To be able demonstrate basic problem solving techniques to identify root cause of failure.
- Have great engineering standards in clean room environments.
- Ensuring that all maintenance work is carried out to high standards and in an effective and efficient manner.
- To optimise machinery output and product quality, and minimise plant downtime through effective preventative maintenance
- Order spares through our internal Invapp system.
- Skilled in both electrical and mechanical engineering.
- Must have a minimum of city and guilds level 2, ONC/HNC/Higher Level Apprenticeship or above.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience as a Maintenance Engineer within a Manufacturing company.
- Must have experience of safe systems of work (permit to work, risk assessment, method statement)
- You must be flexible in your shift rotas and 1 weeks night shift cover per year.
- HSE training
- Knowledge of the use and Implementation of CMMS/PPM
- Experience of using Microsoft Office
- Self starter / able to work on own initiative, be organised and able to prioritise, be thorough and accurate
- IEE 17th or 18th Edition
- Instrumentation and process control experience
- PLC experience
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatic,
- Ability to repair automated production lines
- Getting involved in continuous improvement projects
- Resolving plant issues and ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum
- Ability to work alone or within a team
- Can read both electrical and mechanical schematic drawings.
- PVC & polypropylene pipe repairs and fusion welding
- Excellent communicator
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.