Key Account Manager / Sales Representative - Remote based, UK wide.
Morgan Advanced Materials is a world leader in advanced materials science and engineering of ceramics, carbon and composites. We operate in a series of well-defined markets where our applications expertise offers our customers a valuable differentiator, engineering high-specification materials, components and sub-assembly parts that solve their challenging technical problems.
The Thermal Ceramics division designs, manufactures and installs a broad range of thermal insulation products that significantly reduce energy consumption and emissions in a variety of high temperature processing applications. Our product offering is extensive and covers application needs from Industrial to Commercial markets and is organized into the following categories, with available product forms, typical of the high temperature insulation industry.
Group Key Figures: Revenue £1b, ~9,000 employees, manufacturing in 30+ countries, and customers in 100+ countries. A UK PLC with head office located in Windsor, Berkshire UK. Listed on London Stock Exchange; Member of the FTSE 250 Index
The Thermal Products Division of Morgan Advanced Materials has an existing presence in UK region both through distribution and directly with some key customers. The purpose of this role is both to manage our existing relationships and to identify and convert new opportunities in the region.
- Key Account Management for existing distribution partners and retained UK accounts.
- Identify potential new customers in UK region.
- Sell products to potential and existing customers face-to-face, achieving sales target.
- Keep up-to-date records of all sales related activity.
- Convert market understanding and sales leads into commercial opportunities.
- Visits to end customers & key partners.
- Driving and coordinating internal need and support for customers.
- Working with our European business development team to identify potential new markets and applications in the UK region.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Include the following:
- Research and understand the market and customer needs.
- Agree and review sales objectives and targets for oneself with the Sales Manager and wider sales team.
- Provide customers regularly with helpful material such as product samples and catalogues.
- Quote prices, credit and contract terms, warranties and delivery dates to customers accurately.
- Process customer orders appropriately, achieving zero errors during entry to the system.
- Gather information on customer needs and target selling strategy accordingly.
- Contact current and potential customers to promote products and services based on an understanding of their needs.
- Deliver activities agreed with Sales Manager, e.g. meetings, proposals, presentations.
- Consult with customers after sales or contract signings to answer questions and provide support.
- Collaborate with and answer colleague questions, working together where necessary to create value for the business.
- The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities require Other duties may be assigned.
Morgan Advanced Materials is an EEO/AA/M/W/D/V Employer
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.