I am working with an established and experienced railway infrastructure contractor with a successful track record of delivering projects across the whole of the UK who are looking to take on an Environmental Advisor in their Manchester office
Seeking candidates with;
- 2-3 years previous experience in a similar role within the rail, construction, civil engineering sectors.
- Experience in environmental management, in particular waste, pollution control, noise & nuisance, biodiversity, carbon & energy.
- Practical experience of effective implementation of ISO14001.
- Experience of liaising with regulatory authorities, the general public and the client is essential.
- Ability to produce site-specific waste management plans and environmental management plans, including the identification of significant aspects and impacts and implementing Best Practicable Means.
- Ability to produce contract statistical environmental information and undertake environmental inspections/audits to ensure where necessary corrective plans are successfully developed and implemented.
- Proficient in MS office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Good communication and organisational skills.
Although not essential it would also be advantageous if you have
- NEBOSH Environmental
- Environmental Degree.
- Rail/Consruction Experience.
- Membership to IEMA
Reporting to the Environment Manager, the role’s key duties will include:
- Providing support to the Environment Manager to further our corporate and framework environmental and social value objectives.
- Providing support and guidance to project and delivery teams with regards to environmental management, in particular waste, pollution control, noise & nuisance, biodiversity, carbon & energy.
- Producing project environmental management plans and documentation, and ensuring their effective briefing and cascade of controls through site documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring that project and delivery teams comply with both internal management systems, legislation and client requirements, including the collection, analysis and reporting of data to measure performance against objectives and targets driving the business to continuously improve.
- Development, implementation and monitoring of environmental and social value plans for the company.
- Facilitating opportunities to add social value during project delivery through community engagement and volunteering.
If you fit this specification and are interested in a fantastic new opportunity please get in touch asap.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.