Our client, a global manufacturer of plastic packaging products are looking to appoint an exceptional Engineering Manager at their flagship site in Birkenhead, Merseyside.
This is a rare opportunity for career advancement in a fast-paced, technically focused, changing & challenging environment where the engineering function plays a central role in the operational and strategic direction of the business.
Salary: Up to £55,000
Hours: Monday – Friday 37.5 hours per week
Benefits: Defined Contribution Pension Plan (7.5% employer contribution) Private Health Insurance, and 25 days annual leave
As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for.
- Managing the engineering budget and preventative maintenance plan driving tactical and strategic actions to achieve optimum availability of production capabilities
- Delivering innovative cost-effective solutions to all engineering problems and meet repair and service scheduling targets
- Maximising the skills of the existing nine engineers on-site and utilising contractors where necessary
- Setting objectives and monitoring performance against KPI’s including the development of a continuous improvement strategy and performing root/cause analysis to allow monitoring of the success of corrective actions
- Adopting an excellent approach to drive change, manage people effectively, and ensure compliance with all quality, environmental and health & safety standards
- To be familiar with large, 24-hour manufacturing processes, lean management, and process improvement procedures
- Preferably some understanding of extrusion and recycling machinery
- Have prior experience managing a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical, numerate, ambitious, results-orientated, and a problem solver.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact the team at Zeus Recruitment, or click the apply button now.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.