A Technical Project Lead is required by our manufacturing client on a permanent basis. This role is based near Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire.
Our client imports and delivers food processing machinery/equipment to organisations across the UK & Ireland markets. They provide installation and maintenance services, utilising field-based engineers located across the country.
This Technical Project Lead is a new position within their organisation and will provide a focus for the project management function, working closely with the technical team, sales team, internal service department and field-based engineers to ensure a successful project delivery. External supplier management is important as the process often involves multiple suppliers.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience using CAD - detail design knowledge is not required but you must be competent in producing and altering proposals, adapting plans and layouts to fit client requirements.
- Project management - lead full lifecycle projects from conception to delivery and handover.
- CAD - Supporting sales integrating new lines or equipment into existing lines, producing multi supplier line concepts, and adapting them into the customers facility
- Site visits - planning with customer project teams, managing installations, maintaining regulatory compliance
- Maintaining real time dashboard of ongoing projects and communicating regularly with all stakeholders to ensure deadline are met and timelines are delivered
- Travel throughout UK/Ireland and internationally where required to fulfil our customer supplier requirements.
- Demonstrable project management within a technical manufacturing/engineering environment - ideally with experience of machinery installation.
- Strong communication skills including managing UK wide resources.
- Knowledge and experience of CAD - proficient user.
- Supplier management experience.
- Commercial acumen.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexible approach.
- Hard working, willing to get stuck in.
A Full UK Driving Licence is required by the successful candidate.
Irregular travel to sites UK wide and occasion travel to Europe.
This role is a mixture of office, remote and site-based working. Some travel required across the UK. There may be a requirement to travel to Europe on occasion.
Two stage interview process.
Applications are open.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.