J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure. Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including transportation; water; power; natural resources; and construction & property.Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses - Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Health & Safety Advisor - Civil Engineering - London
Murphy would like to harness and develop your skills as a Health and Safety Advisor to deliver expert advise on a utilities project based in north London.
The Health & Safety Advisor will be responsible for supporting the SHES Manager on all matters relating to safety, health, environment and sustainability.
Why Join Murphy
Our Water Business is operating nationally providing world-class infrastructure solutions to Thames water, United Utilities, Severn Trent, HS2, Bristol Water, South East Water, Wessex Water and Sutton & East Surrey Water. The Water Business has an annual turnover of c. £200 million.
Join the successful Thames Water Murphy partnership on the Thames Water Agility Alliance Framework. Entering our 8th year of work. 2021 turnover of £22 million, delivering 5000 jobs across London.
* Advise and support Managers and Supervisors to discharge their Health & Safety responsibilities towards employees as defined by Legislation and Company procedure.
* Ensure that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required.
* Support management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the SHESQ Plans.
* Carry out regular inspections of sites and work places to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Procedures and the relevant Statutory Provisions.
* Carry out accident/incident investigations in accordance with the Company procedure and, analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid any reoccurrences.
* Manage and collate the data on SHESQ related issues to determine areas for continuous improvement through trends and data analysis.
* Support and manage the audit programme; carry out audits when required.
* Participate in working groups / forums as required.
* Participate in the work of committees and joint consultations affecting the workforce as required.
* Monitoring of equipment's such as CAT & Genny, Reactec and the Leica System.
* Implement Best Practice and actively seeking innovations to introduce into the Business Unit.
* Previous experience within a senior SHES management position
* Experience in civil engineering/construction, preferably utilities
* SHES Membership ie IOSH, IEMA or CQI.
* MS package knowledge.
* Solid understanding of the requirements of the ISO 9001, 14001 and BS OHSAS 18001 standards.
* 27 days holiday (option to buy or sell 2 per year)
* Supporting professional development
* Discretionary annual bonus
* Above market rate pension
* 2x charity days/giving back days
* car or car allowance
* Life assurance
* Discounts on products and services retail discounts and cashback, discounted gym memberships, cycle to work scheme, travel loan etc
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.